Back to Projects
PAL Tennis Program
The Police Athletic League (PAL) in Palatka, FL created a new program
focusing on youth ages 6 to 11 and provide children a safe, secure, and culturally diverse
environment while improving health, building character and striving for academic excellence.
The YTF granted the organization $1,000 to begin the program to be offered once a week for
two hours at local area parks.
In partnership with The Joy of Tennis Youth Academy, PAL's program will be utilizing the
skills of Mr. Harold Hardy, a certified USPTR professional tennis coach for 47 years. The kids
will be taught the skills that will allow the abilities and opportunities to compete in the
North East Florida Junior Team Tennis League and build a foundation to continue playing through
their High School years.
According to the Police Athletic Leagues, children in this program will:
Check back here for updates on the success of this program!
- Feel safe and secure while being supervised by a competent and caring staff
- Learn the correct Forehand, Backhand, Ground Stroke and Net Volley, correct overhead
- Learn responsibility and positive attitudes through organize sport.
- Grow socially through activities, and learn cooperation and tolerance
- Develop emotionally through our health and recreation programs